CAIMS*SCMAI and MPrime are pleased to announce that Prof. John Stockie of Simon Fraser University has been awarded the 2014 CAIMS-MPrime Industrial Mathematics Prize. This prize is awarded in recognition of exceptional research in any branch of industrial mathematics.
CAIMS*SCMAI is pleased to announce the winner of the 2014 CAIMS*SCMAI Research Award. This is the society's preeminent research award and recognizes innovative and exceptional research contributions in applied or industrial mathematics. The 2014 awardee is Professor Michael Doebeli of the University of British Columbia for his contributions to the mathematical theory of the evolution of diversity and the evolution of cooperation.
The CAIMS 2014 Annual Meeting will be held June 22-26 in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
Themes (and organizers) for the meeting include:
- Canadian Society for Fluid Dynamics (Lucy Campbell, Peter Minev, Robert Owens)
- Applied Analysis and Dynamical Systems (Luciano Buono, Adam Oberman, Michael Ward)
- Mathematical Biology (Hermann Eberl, Thomas Hillen, Xiaoqiang Zhao)
- Financial Mathematics (Matt Davison, Bruno Remillard, Tony Ware)
- Scientific and High-Performance Computing (Ronald Haynes, Andre Fortin, Steven Ruuth)
More information can be found on the meeting website.